Saturday, September 25, 2010

Back to work

Wow - I really can't believe how fast 12 weeks can go by. Being home with Gage for the 1st 3 months of his life was so wonderful, rewarding, tiring, and very exciting. We spent our days together just hanging out, shopping, playing with friends, visiting family, traveling and so much more.

Monday was my 1st day back to work, and honestly, it was an extremely tough and emotional day for me. I was (or thought I was) keeping it together pretty good, until I looked back at Gage and noticed he didn't have any shoes on. This tipped me off and the tears came a falling. Ryan was as supportive as possible, but probably thought I was crazy at the same time. I really like my sitter, but leaving Gage everyday has been a struggle. I know it will get easier, and after Monday there haven't been any more tears, but its still hard. I count down the minutes until 5pm and can't wait to pick my boy up, see that smiling face and smother him with kisses.

As I look at Gage now, sleeping so peacefully, I am just so thankful and undeservingly blessed. I know working might not be exactly what I want to do, but the Lord has a plan and I am at peace with the way things are right now. I cherish every moment I have with Gage and love him unconditionally. I leave you with a few pictures of him last week in his Sunday best, headed to church!




5 comments:

Flores Family... said...

He is so adorable with his polo on :-)

Grimes Life said...

You are doing great! Love that little stud boy! :)

Kimberly said...

what's with us and the tears!! haha! love you so much sis and i'm so proud of you! Do you and Gage miss me already???

Kim Soto said...

so handsome! love that little guy!

Candace said...

Kristy, he is so handsome! I love him! And I love you! You are such a good mom and he is a good baby!