Sunday, June 13, 2010

Nursery Pictures!!

When we found out for sure we were having a boy, the search for the perfect nursery bedding/decor was on. I knew that I wanted to do vintage and baseball, but could not find exactly the right thing. So - the next step was finding fabrics, and putting them together to make the perfect bedding. My mom, sister and I found the fabrics and I had the bedding custom made. The curtains my mom ended up making..aren't the fabulous!!! And the chair, found at an estate sale for $30, was recovered as well. The navy pieces, my mom found on the side of the road. She sanded, painted, changed the hardware and made them look amazing. Ryan has a million old baseball cards he collected when he was little, so I wanted to do something creative with them. We decided to deco-podge an old shelf, to use as a bookshelf in the nursery. Then, what to do about the 'G'. We got a piece of plywood cut, did the same thing with the baseball cards, screwed in the baseballs, and framed it out. Whew - talk about a labor of love. I just love how the nursery turned out. Hope you like it too!!!

Gage's current home....38 weeks
And is soon to be home in just 11 days!!!!











6 comments:

Flores Family... said...

Kristy-
It is so fabulous! I can't wait to meet him, he will feel like a king in that room. You did awesome!

Rach said...

I LOVE it! It looks so great and I showed Derek the "G" and he said, "WOW!" He loved the idea! I can't wait to see little man in that room!!

Kim Soto said...

So great! Ok,Gage, everything is ready, you can come now! :)

Grimes Life said...

I LOVE how it turned out! Such a great place to bring your lil man home to! :) 11 more days, we are all counting down! :)

Grimes Life said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mattandlinz said...

It is perfect!! You did a fabulous job!! He will be here so soon!