Monday, September 21, 2009

Cheerio From Across the Pond





At last...we finally made it! Mom, Kim and I have been planning this girls trip to London for a few months now....and we are finally here!!! I decided to use my blog as a journal to document

all the fun things we are doing on our 9 day vacation!!!

 Yesterday, the three of us boarded a plane in Houston, and after a long restless 9 hour flight, arrived in London this morning at 7:30am. We caught a taxi to Notting Hill to our quaint shabby chic bed and breakfast, tucked in the most adorable neighborhood. As soon as we arrived, we met our host Holly and she showed us around our place. Since not one of us got a wink of sleep on the plane, we freshened up and took a 3 hour much needed nap.

After waking up, we were ready to see London!! We walked to Kensington area, had cappuccino and people watched for about an hour.  We sat outside at an adorable cafe and just took in the sights and sounds.  Then we strolled down Portabello Street which has eclectic boutiques, open air markets and all sorts of pubs and cafe's.  Kim made the first purchase of the day, a journal from AppleTree Boutique to record our trip.  We made our way up and down Portabello and decided we needed food and rest.  We stopped and got a pizza and walked back to our B&B, ate outside on the back porch and then took a stroll around the neighborhood park.  Mom, in her best Texas accent told a man walking his dogs, "You have beautiful dawwwgs!"  He said, "Excuse me?" because he could not understand what she was saying.  Kim and I got a kick out of that!!

We are now back at the b&b, getting cleaned up and ready for bed.  Tomorrow we are headed in to the city for more adventures...we are so excited!  Lots of sightseeing and fabulous times await us!!  Till tomorrow......

Cheerio!!!

3 comments:

Grimes Life said...

OMG OMG OMG! I CANNOT even believe you are going to post while you are away! HIP HIP HORAY! I am so excited about this! I've been so exited for y'all to take this trip, and NOW we get to hear about it while you are gone, LOVE IT!! Tell the girls hi and keep the posting coming! Have a BLAST!
LOVES,
Mel

The Ward Family said...

Kristy,
Thank you for posting. I'm so excited to hear about your trip and all the fun things you're getting to do. I'm glad ya'll made it safely over there. I hope you're resting. Have fun with your family. It's so precious to have that time together.
Love you friend,
Holly

Rach said...

I'm so excited you are blogging from London! I can't wait to read all about it! Have so much fun! Drink some tea for me! :) Love you!!!